cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Door to Door Security Salesmen

CVank
Just Moved In

I recently had 3 young men approach my home in Cowansville, Quebec attempting to sell me smart home security. They lurked in the yard before knocking on the door and were very pushy. I am not even sure if they are legitimate Telus employees as they had no vehicle. I said I was not interested and they still wanted to come into my home. I was home alone and it was scary. I already have cameras and explained this to them before getting them to leave. I want to be removed from the door-to-door sales list. 

2 REPLIES 2

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @CVank that definitely doesn't sound legit. Our teams would always have TELUS branded clothing and ID badges with them (which they'll gladly show when asked). Reach out to us over at our Twitter account or send us a private message at our Facebook page so we can get your address info and send it over to our team for further investigation.

xray
Hero

@CVank wrote:

I said I was not interested and they still wanted to come into my home. I was home alone and it was scary. I already have cameras and explained this to them before getting them to leave. 

My advice is that saying you are not interested should be immediately followed by you closing the door. No explanation is required as explaining only encourages them to try to change your mind.