cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable automated arming

Cldoling
Just Moved In
I set up my Telus smart home app to arm my alarm at night and disable it in the morning when I was out of town, so someone could come feed my pets during the day and not have to worry about the alarm. Now that I’m back I can’t find where in the app this setting is to turn it off as it keeps setting the alarm when I’m in my hot tub or shop in the evening. So I keep setting the alarm off. It keeps arming even after I shut it off and it’s on and won’t stay off in morning when me and my wife are going to work, but disables during the day. Can anyone help me?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Your best bet would be to reach out to our SmartHome team directly at 1-855-255-8828 for troubleshooting!

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Your best bet would be to reach out to our SmartHome team directly at 1-855-255-8828 for troubleshooting!

Same here! I’ve called Telus 3x and they say it’s fixed but it isn’t. I’m glad I’m not the only one

asdfasdf1
Just Moved In

I also setup automated arming and now find the settings missing from the app and website UI. I called Support and they had no idea what I was talking about.

I have the exact same problem and experienc with the SmartHome Team. They couldn't help me. Didn't know what the feature was since it's not in the app anymore.

Pj29
Just Moved In
This happened to me too. I set up our system to set arm stay at 10PM each night. And now I can’t disable it from arming each night at 10.

From what I found:

Telus is using most of the UI from Alarm.com, where that option was available (under automation -> schedules).
A small while ago they completely migrated their system to the smarthome login, while most used the old alarm.com to log in. They disabled the login on alarm.com, and now we are using the new website.

Thing is, since the system is basically from alarm.com, everything works, even if there's options not shown anymore on the control panel.

So for the ones that were savvy enough to get everything automated nicely, now we're stuck with rules set with options the support teams do not know anything about.

I've ordered the remote keyfob and a smart socket; I'll try plugging the socket and creating a schedule for it, then creating a trigger to set the alarm when it turns on.
If it dosen't work I'll use the remote as a bridge and use some electronics I've got at home to frankeinstein a timer to the buttons so it'll arm and disarm at certain times.
While those are workarounds that might work, I'm not really happy to get to those extremes just to get through functionalities that should have stayed.

I'll keep you posted on how well it worked!

Thats too much for an average person to deal with. Telus needs to step up and figure this out. If not
I am going to make them cancle my contract and take there system and shove it where the sun does not shine or just let the system go off every night and have them call just to waist there money!

Thanks
Brad

From what I found:

Telus is using most of the UI from Alarm.com, where that option was available (under automation -> schedules).
A small while ago they completely migrated their system to the smarthome login, while most used the old alarm.com to log in. They disabled the login on alarm.com, and now we are using the new website.

Thing is, since the system is basically from alarm.com, everything works, even if there's options not shown anymore on the control panel.

So for the ones that were savvy enough to get everything automated nicely, now we're stuck with rules set with options the support teams do not know anything about.

I've ordered the remote keyfob and a smart socket; I'll try plugging the socket and creating a schedule for it, then creating a trigger to set the alarm when it turns on.
If it dosen't work I'll use the remote as a bridge and use some electronics I've got at home to frankeinstein a timer to the buttons so it'll arm and disarm at certain times. 10.0.0.1
While those are workarounds that might work, I'm not really happy to get to those extremes just to get through functionalities that should have stayed.

I'll keep you posted on how well it worked!

Thanks for the answer, that's a possible avenue of solution! Keep us informed if it works!

Just got my parts and did some tests:
You can set a rule to turn on or off a light on certain times, but you can't set a rule to arm the system when the light is turned on or off, so that won't work.

At least I've got a light socket out of it! 🙂

I'll look into working out a scheduling system with the remote, but doing this requires knowledge far beyond just setting up a scedule in the UI.

I'll update some info when I'll have tried it!

Shane77
Just Moved In
My adt system had auto arm. Now after chabging to Telus I don't. Shocking to see that the option was there and is now lost due to what looks like an oversite.

Telus , I would like this option visible, as well as an option to auto lock.

richn
Just Moved In
I’m in the same boat.

I set it up just recently, and it as under a “what’s new” section.

And now it’s not under any available normal option. Do we not get automation? How do I change or adjust this!?!

Telus, you need to get this sorted out. This is a great feature, and we’re accessing it accidentally? Or the UI needs an update?

Qwill
Organizer

PROBELM SOLVED !!!

Just found this morning that the UI has been update on my phone and on the web!

The option to set/unset auto arming/disarming on schedule is back !!!!!

It's accessible by a click on the clock icon.

image.png

Omg I see it too. Thanks for letting me know.

Qwill
Organizer

ROBELM SOLVED !!!

Just found this morning that the UI has been update on my phone and on the web!

The option to set/unset auto arming/disarming on schedule is back !!!!!

It's accessible by a click on the clock icon.

image.png

Thanks for letting us know!

My solution worked, but I didn't post it as I didn't think Telus would like tutorials on how to modify their hardware...