cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Recording Issue

Stads25
Neighbour
We have a camera set up on our detached garage facing out to the back lane. We have the camera set up to start recording when someone enters the zone we have created. I’ve noticed the clip planks are quite short. For example somebody comes and starts going through our bins, the clip will record 30-40 seconds and then stop recording. However when the recording stops, the subject remains in the video. Is there a way to have the camera record until the person leaves the area? My concern would be, if someone for example was trying to break into the garage and the camera only records 30 or so seconds. If that’s all the camera is capable of doing, I’m thinking there’s not really much of a point to them if that’s all they can record. Ideally you’d want to get the whole event on video.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Matt1877
Organizer
The solution already exists it's called a svr stream video recorder it allows for 24/7 recording it's called the alarm.com svr ADC 122 and it's the only way to capture continuous recording with alarm.com cameras unfortunately they don't offer it on on residential accounts they only offer it on there business side. I would highly recommend anyone in need of the svr call telus and voice your concerns.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Agree. This is an issue Telus needs to change. Possibly add it as an idea in the Ideas section, where Telus staff review posts.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Matt1877
Organizer
The solution already exists it's called a svr stream video recorder it allows for 24/7 recording it's called the alarm.com svr ADC 122 and it's the only way to capture continuous recording with alarm.com cameras unfortunately they don't offer it on on residential accounts they only offer it on there business side. I would highly recommend anyone in need of the svr call telus and voice your concerns.