cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Actual Telus support?

mhutch
Just Moved In

It seems I can get through to a human if I have a sales enquiry, but impossible to speak to anyone (human) to ask about getting spares for a security system component.

The online "assistant" is a waste of screen space and time, simply provides links to web pages that go nowhere, or just provide 'articles' or 'FAQs'. Support links just loop back to wherever I started.

I need a 'tilt sensor' for a garage door remote. The actual opener is active and says its linked but it doesn't. Then I noticed the tilt sensor was no longer present on garage door.   

Naturally, I scanned the 'articles' and FAQs but obviously, no one in the history of Telus security systems has ever needed to know about such a thing.  I must be the first person to need such info.

Again, I would have thought clicking 'support' would actually lead me somewhere that could provide support, not just a single phone number where one has to guess the magic phrase to get to someone where I could order a new part, or even a web page where I could find the secret to accessing someone (other than in Sales, who do, actually, answer the phone - what a concept for a communications company?

So I'm here wondering if anyone on the Forums knows how I could get to speak to someone who could, maybe, send a small part?

3 REPLIES 3

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Have you tried calling our SmartHome Security team? Their number does give you the option to speak to somebody for tech support / assistance, not just 'sales'.

mhutch
Just Moved In

No. Never hear an option for speaking to someone. Only endless questions, irrelevant suggestions from a robot.

[mod edit: private info]

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Alright. I'll send you a private message to discuss further, thanks.