cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30 minutes delay when using Airplay

Jacques_carrier
Neighbour

When using TelusTV+ on my iPhone or Tablet, I can watch live program on my portable device but when I use Airplay on my LG WebOS device the signal is 30 minutes behind - meaning if the show is live at say 9 PM when watching using Airplay then my TV shows a program that played @ 8:30 PM.  Is there a fix for this?

10 REPLIES 10

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello. I'll send you a private message to discuss further, thanks.

I have this same problem. How do I fix this

Dippy2005
Just Moved In
I have this same problem. Did you get it resolved and if so how?

jaredh
Just Moved In

Same Problem here. 

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @Jacques_carrier @jaredh @Dippy2005 

The TELUS TV+ app team is aware of the problem, and are working towards a resolution. Unfortunately, it doesn't affect all devices, and relies on Airplay integrations across multiple vendors (LG, Samsung, Sony, Apple etc.). 

As an example, Airplay works as expected for me from my iPad to all devices, and from my iPhone to Apple TV, but I experience the described 30 minute delay when I Airplay from iPhone to a Sony TV or a Samsung TV. One thing that I've found 'resolves' the issue is to choose your program from either Live TV or Guide, start playback, initiate Airplay, (you'll see it's 30 minutes behind), and then close the player (X in the top right of the sending device). Rechoose the program from the guide and it will be on the correct time. Most channels also have restart enabled on iOS, so you can always restart any live airing program from the beginning.  

I tried this work around but does not work for me . I am using IPAD and Airplay to LG WebOS TV

Using my iPhone the time zone is 3 hours off.. indicating 6PM but showing shows broadcasting @ 9 PM

Account info showing region 82 using ProdA environment if this helps

And screen mirroring using MAcbook does not work either: I only get sound no video

Ralph99
Just Moved In

I have the same problem with multiple Roku TV's. I have tried airplaying from an iPad4Pro, iPhone 13 Pro, and an iPhone 15 Pro. All of them have the 30 minute delay. This has been happening for months. The work-around functioned for me in August when watching a football game. However, the work-around no longer fixes the issue; it is really annoying when watching a hockey game.

--

Thanks for your help,

Ralph

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @Jacques_carrier @Ralph99 @jaredh @Dippy2005, we looked into this issue and logged a ticket with Apple. This issue happens when users Airplay to a third party device like Sony/Samsung. No issue when Airplaying to Apple TV. While we wait for Apple to get back to us, please try the temporary workaround of starting airplay, stop playback without disconnecting, and then start playback again.