cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus no longer connects the remote to my TCL ROKU tv after 4 years

RN1
Neighbour

A week ago my remote would neither turn off or turn on my television set. This is after four successful years of having the two combined. Phone tech-support, nor a live tech-support person was able to help me.

each claimed that TCL had changed the codes. I contacted TCL this morning and they said they had not changed the codes, and in fact, the codes they gave me were exactly the same ones that Telus were using.

Someone is obviously not telling the truth ,as a result I now have a two-year program with Telus that I just signed a couple of days before the problem existed. I don’t really want to have to program with three remotes Has anyone else run into this problem?  What I find tremendously disappointing is that, although I have received technological help, it has been incapable of being able to solve the problem.  I’ve also used the code 0021 and also 0029 no help.

12 REPLIES 12

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

Any chance you can share your TV model with us as well as a picture of your remote control (since there's a few versions)? Thanks!

Thanks,model is TCL 65R615-CA .  Remote goes with box VIP5602W. Not sure how to attach photo to this.  Hope this helps

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

That works too. Looking into this for ya and I'll report back. Thanks!

Hi dru, any success. Still cannot get my remote to control the tv, and have tried everything suggested in this thread.

Jthood
Friendly Neighbour

I had this happen to me too. I think it may be related to TCL update to 12.5 done on oct 31/23. I unplugged tv from wall and pressed power on tv for a few seconds.  Reset the remote to reset code 9999.  then Rest remote to code 0021 and now everthing is working as before. Powers on off tv with telus slimline 2 remote , volume, mute etc work, optik tv buttons work.

Will try today.  Have done all that except for unplugging tv and pressing power button.  Is your tv 65 inch one?

Jthood
Friendly Neighbour

Mine is a 50s425-ca 50 inch

tried your method , unfortunately, no success.  Thanks..what didn’t make sense was pushing power button on an unplugged tv…or did l misinterpret?

Jthood
Friendly Neighbour

The power button on mine is on the bottom under the standby light about a inch behind it  ( located this with the help of TCL support) I imagine it is like unplugging a desktop and draining the power to reset it. Mine is still working fine. ( of course when you rest the code with the slimline after you poer off the tv with the remote you have to press the okay button ( if try to turn on ibefore pushing the okay button it wont work)  to retain the setting, after that it turns on and off as normal.

Worked on a 55R615 and on a 65S535

Thanks for this. Clearing my remote with the 9999 and then the 0021 got it all working again.

tlr
Organizer

I have this same problem after the TCL update, tried all the codes for slimline 2 and no go, doing the 0029 does not work either, or the method from Jthood.

Hoping for some resolution soon.