Did you mean: 

TELUS TV PLUS BROWSER ACCESS

YAMZ888
Friendly Neighbour

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @YAMZ888 and @Rocky3 , it appears there is a bug on the web application that is causing the out-of-home status on certain channels. A ticket has been created and we're working on addressing this. Thank you for flagging. 

View solution in original post

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Fantastic. Then all of these pointless comments saying we're censoring people, etc. etc. aren't needed. For what seems to be the 100th time, let's keep things constructive and on topic. Everyone here is trying to help make the experience as good as it can be. Stuff like that serves no purpose.

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25

YAMZ888
Friendly Neighbour

Hello,

I have logged into Telus TV Plus using different browsers on my computer at home and cannot seem to access local channels like CHEK, OMNI and LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY.  The message I get informs me that I need to be accessed to the TELUS network.  Well, I'm at home and the only Internet access is through Telus.  Is there an issue with the app itself (i.e. not Telus' fault) or is there something that I need to do?  The odd thing is that I can view all other channels that are permitted to view using the Telus TV Plus app.  Furthermore, I have no issues accessing the above three channels on other wireless devices (which are wirelessly connected to TELUS Internet at home).  I would appreciate any suggestions or assistance.  Thank you.

Hi @YAMZ888 , are you by any chance using a VPN on your computer? If you could share your public IP address from your laptop, it would help us narrow down the causes. You can use this link to find your IP: https://www.whatsmyip.org/

YAMZ888
Friendly Neighbour

Hello Optik-Kate,

My IP address is [mod edit]

Regards

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Edited that to remove your IP (we like to keep private info safe here) and gave it to Kate!

Hi @YAMZ888 which browser do you use? Can you try to view using a different browser and let me know if it's the same issue? If you're using a VPN, disabling it should resolve the issue. 

YAMZ888
Friendly Neighbour

Hello Optik-Kate,

I have tried viewing TelusTV+ using Firefox, Chrome and Safari.  All three browsers do not allow me to view those local channels.  I do use a VPN, but I disable it when viewing TelusTV+.    The odd thing is, I do not run into this trouble (i.e I can view the local channels) on my wireless devices when they are connected to my local home network.  This is a head scratcher...

Hi @YAMZ888 , VPN usage is not supported on the TELUS TV+. For an optimal user experience, please turn off VPN while accessing the TELUS TV+ app. 

YAMZ888
Friendly Neighbour

Hello Optik-Kate, I understand that VPN usage is not support on TELUS TV+.  The issues I am having are occurring with VPN disabled.  The channels still remain to be blocked despite that fact that I am indeed connected to Telus' network.  Furthermore, I am able to view other channels which I am subscribed to.  This situation doesn't change if I use other web browsers.

Why is Telus TV+ not allowing me to view these channels when I am connected to Telus' network?

Hi @YAMZ888 , I misunderstood your initial statement. To confirm, you have access to all channels that you subscribe to on mobile when you're at home, but you have limited access to channels on your browser despite using the same network?

YAMZ888
Friendly Neighbour

Hello Optik-Kate,  yes that is basically correct.  It appears that I have no issues on viewing all channels on my mobile devices while at home connected to the same home network using the TELUS app.  However, the issue comes up when trying to view the same local channels (as mentioned in my original post) on my computer and laptop, using various browsers and accessing the TELUS TV+ website.  It is only those local channels (CHEK, Omni and BC Legislature) that appear to be restricted (message saying I need to be connected to Telus network) as all other channels (e.g. CNN, GlobalTV, CBC, etc) can be viewed using the browser. 

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

There may be an issue with your account (why it thinks you're not home)...  I'll send you a private message to gather some info.

YAMZ888
Friendly Neighbour

Thank you for reaching out.  Sent you my response.  

Looking forward to a resolution.

Rocky3
Rockstar

@YAMZ888 

Care to share if you are in Victoria area for chek. Generally Telus has been blocking VPN period even if you are within the service area.

YAMZ888
Friendly Neighbour

I am not in the Victoria area and have disabled VPN.

Thanks.

Rocky3
Rockstar

@Optik-Kate 

I am at home, my laptop is on Telus WIFI at my home. I cannot view CHEK TV anymore. The message says it can only be viewed on my home network. Things are actually getting worse.

Rocky3
Rockstar

Hey, I cannot play CHEK live on laptop but I hit record and can watch the recording in progress on laptop. WTF

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @YAMZ888 and @Rocky3 , it appears there is a bug on the web application that is causing the out-of-home status on certain channels. A ticket has been created and we're working on addressing this. Thank you for flagging. 

YAMZ888
Friendly Neighbour

Hi Optik-Kate,  thanks for recognizing this issue and creating a ticket.  I hope you post again once this issue has been resolved.  As of this writing, the three local channels cannot be viewed using any browser interface.

Rocky3
Rockstar

channels 119, 121 & 843 are my subscribed channels and all three are marked with only at home viewing, a little house symbol and "available on home Telus Internet" if you click on it.

Coincidently, I just emailed with someone who arrived in China that has email blocked on windows device but not on ipad. IMO there is a definite censorship in progress to prevent access outside a geographic area. Soon we will be like the Russian population who is unaware of a war with Ukraine.

Hey Edmonton, Canucks won last night.

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Didn't Kate mention that this was a found bug and that our team was working on addressing it?