cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording time

BigAl2
Friendly Neighbour
We just switched from Shaw to Telus .My neighbor has had Telus for a year or more and he showed me the features that helped me be comfortable with switching to Telus.
Telus set us up with Optic TV+.This is supposedly an upgrade to the system my neighbor has,however he has the ability to add recording time to a hockey game and my upgrade system does not give me that option. I AM NOT IMPRESSED.To me this is a key feature to have.
I have heard about Telus plans to pad 60 min to hockey etc.I don't believe that is the best solution. I want the ability to add as much as 3 hours.If a playoff game goes 2 or 3 Overtime periods I want to know I will see it.
I realize I can record as many shows following the game as I want,but I don't like doing it that way as it creates too much to delete after the fact.
I don't know how Telus programmers missed including this option and really hope they can fix this soon.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rocky3
Rockstar

@ichi730 

Perhaps now knowing the tuner is 21T you can delete your post as not applicable to the OP.

Telus TV 21T does not have any user adjustment to recordings. 

I keep asking for a separate thread specific to 21T issues to stop this confusion of advice for the older PVR tuner.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

ichi730
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Edited

BigAl2
Friendly Neighbour
My remote doesn't even have a PVR button or an info button. Obviously not the evolution system you refer to ,but thankyou for trying.

Rocky3
Rockstar

look at your set top box and see what model you have. Since you just got it they have been issuing Telus TV 21T. Once everyone knows what you have specific answers can be given. You are describing the telus TV 21T problem the rest of us have complained about similarly. A lot of old posts started the same as yours.

BigAl2
Friendly Neighbour
Yes it is the 21 T box

Sent from my Galaxy

-------- Original message --------

Rocky3
Rockstar

@ichi730 

Perhaps now knowing the tuner is 21T you can delete your post as not applicable to the OP.

Telus TV 21T does not have any user adjustment to recordings. 

I keep asking for a separate thread specific to 21T issues to stop this confusion of advice for the older PVR tuner.

BigAl2
Friendly Neighbour
Hi I am new the this forum concept.I appreciate that I am getting helpful comments.Maybe you can help with how to delete a post as you suggest.Also, a response I got from Optic Kate was very promising with regard to mine and others issues/concerns regarding the recording time feature( or lack of) with Optic TV+ 21T.

Optik-Kate
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @BigAl2 , manual padding is on our roadmap for future releases. Currently, we do have the automated 60-minute padding for sports and the recordings will be automatically deleted after 90 days!

BigAl2
Friendly Neighbour
Are you saying the system I have now will eventually have a upgrade that will allow me to set my preferred extended recording time.I am thinking that would also require a different remote control unless you can make happen through the options button.Hope Telus gets there soon.Thankyou for giving me hope.

Sent from my Galaxy

Hi @Optik-Kate. We aren't seeing any time padding on NHRA events when we record. Are motorsports included in this? Does the event need to be marked 'new' for the padding to happen? I'm fairly new to Telus Optik and I have to say I'm disappointed this product was released in an incomplete state.