cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optik price increases while under a Service Agreement

Marc56
Organizer

Is anyone else under a Telus Service Agreement experiencing price increases for their Optik TV?  I have a 2 year service agreement that expires in November 2024.  On last month's bill I started getting charged an extra $4 for Netflix Premium, when Netflix Premium was already included in my 7 theme pack + 1 premium combo package, and Telus removed a hardware credit for one my digital boxes. 

My service agreement was that I was not supposed to be charged for any hardware rental and that my Optik TV service had a price guarantee.  This extra billing started with last month's bill, and I was able to phone and get it resolved with Billing, but I see that the issue is back again with this month's bill.  The service rep said I shouldn't be charged extra for Netflix and that I shouldn't have been charged for the digital box rental.  A ticket was created, and I was advised that going forward I wouldn't have these extra charges.  Looks like I will need to phone again and complain.. another hour or more on the phone...   Not very happy about this.

5 REPLIES 5

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You can reach out to Telus through their Twitter presence #TELUSSupport, or their Facebook Page to prevent the waiting on the phone part...

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Paljam
Organizer

I had this exact issue and was furious. I thought I had signed a two year contract to pay a fixed price. I was informed that Telus has the right to increase prices at any time. The only thing the contract applies to is that they agree to give you a set discount on certain items. The discount stays fixed while the price increases. 
i had a long discussion with loyalty and they agreed to give me a credit for the extra billing and that my bill would not increase further.

Reading your experience does not give me hope

Hopefully, this issue is resolved for me. I had to threaten to cancel my service for the customer service rep to transfer me to the Loyalty department. Apparently the regular billing customer service reps are only able to apply one time credits. The Loyalty department was able to apply a new continuous monthly credit to my account to compensate for the price increase and for the hardware credit that somehow got removed. Fingers crossed, I hopefully won’t have to phone again next month.

giantbrownguy
Rockstar
Apparently the Netflix price increase was tied to the Netflix price increase overall.

Marc56
Organizer

Looks like the issue is now worse than it ever was.  I just received my monthly Telus bill and now my bill is $152 more than it was the previous month.  There is something seriously wrong with the Telus billing system.  It appears I am paying the new regular price for my TV package $113.99/mo for the 7 Theme Packs + 1 premium combo (instead of the $93/mo under my contract) and then Telus is adding prorated charges for all 7 of my theme packs stating that I added 7 theme backs to my programming package.  What a mess... looks like another phone call again.