cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optik on LinkSys Ax4200 Stopped working.

Brad4
Neighbour
Hi,

I have been running my optik box off my Linksys router for months with no problems and suddenly it no longer works.

Currently I am on adsl with the T3200 connected to my linksys mesh router (MX4200) . The optik box has been hard wired to my main node and working fine. There were no firmware updates to my network but suddenly the optik box is loosing its connection every 10 to 20 seconds suggesting the multicast is no longer getting through.

Of course this happens 1 week before my fibre install...

Has anyone been having recent issues with their linksys router and optik? Did something just change on the telus side?

I noticed a previous thread where a very similar setup was working https://forum.telus.com/t5/Optik-TV/Linksys-Velop-AX4200-wifi6-system-with-Optik-TV/m-p/114433

I am hoping to go from the ONT right to my router but if I have to use a T3200 for some reason now I want to make sure I have all the wires in place. Can I got ONT -> T3200 then have one port of the T3200 go to my router and another go to a seperate switch to distribute optik to various ports?

3 REPLIES 3

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Can I got ONT -> T3200 then have one port of the T3200 go to my router and another go to a seperate switch to distribute optik to various ports?”
Yes, you should be able to do this.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Telus_TV
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hi - to use Optik TV (cable) you do not need to connect your T3200M to the router, the ports from the T3200M provide access to Optik. If the signal from the T3200M says that there's an issue then please contact our support teams for troubleshooting support!

I should clarify the T3200 is upstream of my router (port 1 in bridge mode) and my optik box (attached to T3200 now).

For reasons that are not clear to me the Optik box is now working off both the T3200 and router again after a few days of only working on the T3200.

It looks like I might need to keep that T3200 around for stability, but I'll talk with the fiber install tech when they arrive.