cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Telus TV+ remote

Digitalone
Organizer

Hi there 

Hoping that someone has been able to figure out how to program the new Google Telus Remote with Telus TV+ so I can use my JBL soundbar and Sharp TV at the same time. I have two TV's that use Logitech remotes and then two that will have to use the new Telus remotes. 

I have tried everything possible (i think) to get the remote to work with the soundbar however the list of manual codes has two three digit codes with the rest two digit codes that the remote will not accept. I have been able to get the remote to turn on/off the TV however the volume will not work. Very frustrating. 

Bare in mind that I have read all the instructions so I don't know what to try next. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

7 REPLIES 7

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

For JBL soundbar, you can try 013, 028, 055, 056, 095, 157, 146 (the leading zeros are important). 

Sharp TV codes: 011, 017, 187, 213, 214, 326 (the leading zeros are important here too).

Thanks for the quick reply however none of those codes worked. That being said, and I have no idea what I did, the remote now will turn on/off the Sharp TV. I still can't figure out how to control the volume through the JBL soundbar which is weird as I can control the volume through both my Yamaha amps. 

Is it possible to control the on/off of the TV, Android box and use the volume up/down on the JBL bar? 

Thanks in advance. 

Digitalone
Organizer

Seems that I can either control the volume of my JBL Sound Bar or I can control my TV on/off power but I can't control both. Very weird remote. 

Rocky3
Rockstar

I did not even think you could control a device which is not a TV. Also I did not see options fo rmore tham one. If @KHR  

has more on this I am listening

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @Rocky3 @Digitalone 

The TELUS TV Digital Box remote can control only 1 device via IR at a given time (while at the same time controlling the box via bluetooth). This includes TVs, soundbars, amps and receivers. There is a list of pairing codes here: https://www.telus.com/en/support/article/telus-tv-digital-box-remote   

The solution to controlling a soundbar and TV at the same time is to connect the soundbar to the ARC/eARC HDMI input on your TV. This way, you're controlling your TV with the remote, and the TV in turn is controlling the soundbar.  

Thanks for the input however unless Telus plans on gifting me a new TV for my kitchen ( the only TV out of 4 I have that doesn't have ARC) i guess I'm you know what out of luck. Strange that with all the technology today Telus couldn't partner with a company that offers a remote like Logitech (of the past) or Softbatton. Anyway such is life. 

Cheers.  

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @Digitalone 

Unfortunately, the consumer demand for high-priced universal remotes really isn't there to make it worthwhile for TELUS to offer, especially as ARC/eARC has been pretty standard on TVs for the past 10 or 15 years (and to be honest, it would be cheaper for you to buy such a remote that you like than to buy or rent one from a telco).