cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing PVR shows of scheduled series recordings

dadlife
Just Moved In

Hey Neighbours,

I upgraded to the new Evolution boxes two months ago and entered my old series recordings. Some are Last Week Tonight with John Oliver, Power & Politics with David Cochrane, FBI, FBI: International, FBI: Most Wanted, etc.

Well, since the switchover from Telus 2.0 Box to the 4.0 Evolution Box, I've noticed that multiple days of episodes of Power & Politics will be missing, and FBI: Most Wanted will simply not record. It's happening to a few other shows as well, including PTI on TSN. 

Other settings are being ignored, such as choosing not to record reruns and only tape on one channel. I tape the Disability Law show on Saturday mornings and get it again recorded on Sundays on a different channel. The software or coding on the Evolution 4.0 Box was rushed to market. Does anybody else get this? I've called now twice to technical support, the first time they escalated my grievance to tier 2 and said someone would call me back (that never happened) and my episodes are still being missed. Today, the tech support agent told me that he would send a technician out after making a remote diagnosis. I said about my first call; he read the notes, then he said he could do more 'remotely' as this is the newest box out on the market 'blah blah blah.'  After whatever he did, he had the nerve to tell me that perhaps the reason the shows weren't taping was due to me disconnecting the Evolution box or that the wires weren't connected. I said, "BS! How is it that the other 4/5 days of the week are taping, but now the 1? "...anyway, is anyone else getting this? I feel like returning the 4.0 box and returning to the 2.0 box is not worth the extra bells & whistles...

I appreciate any help you can provide 🤓

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @dadlife

I've set a few recordings to test out what you describe, and notice that an upcoming episode of power and politics was missing from my scheduled recording. I've reached out to our recordings development team and there is a known issue with some series missing episodes. They have a fix planned in an upcoming release. For now, the workaround would be to record individual episodes, leverage the restart functionality (starting a program over that aired up to 30 hours in the past), or watching On Demand where available.

It's worth noting that replacement equipment will NOT solve the problem. Cloud recording issues are not dependent on the set-top box.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

El-Eric

Hi @dadlife I wonder if the issue would be fixed by replacing the TV box. have you spoken to our tech support team about your issue and see if a replacement can be issued?

Edit: As mentioned below, changing out the box will not fix the issue. I want my original comment to remain up as I like being transparent and learning from my mistakes.

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @dadlife

I've set a few recordings to test out what you describe, and notice that an upcoming episode of power and politics was missing from my scheduled recording. I've reached out to our recordings development team and there is a known issue with some series missing episodes. They have a fix planned in an upcoming release. For now, the workaround would be to record individual episodes, leverage the restart functionality (starting a program over that aired up to 30 hours in the past), or watching On Demand where available.

It's worth noting that replacement equipment will NOT solve the problem. Cloud recording issues are not dependent on the set-top box.

bwm
Friendly Neighbour

Thanks @dadlife 

This is good intel. I was just thinking the new evolution boxes might fix the problem I'm having.  Now I won't bother.

falcon5819
Just Moved In
I have exactly the same problem. Half of all of the scheduled programs drop the scheduling and Miss shows. I have to redo the scheduling or manually record each of the shows. This is ridiculous on a series that has six different episodes in one day. In 40 years I've never encountered such poor quality, buggy, extremely Limited recording systems that only keeps shows for 90 days formally 45 days. Trying to get a PVR back that's been properly tested. 2 months into a 2-year contract what a mistake.

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

As @KHR mentioned, we should have a fix for this soon. In the meantime you can definitely try the alternative methods he listed.