cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I enable surround sound?

PEdmonton
Neighbour
I just switched to Telus from Shaw and got the TV Digital Box. The picture is great but the sound is only stereo. I think I am overlooking a setting.

How do I fix this? Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry to say but it's unlikely to happen within 15 days. Of course, if it happens much sooner, we'll definitely update posts such as this one. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Harpreett
Organizer
Go to settings on the new box, click on sound, and then go to surroundsound or HDMICEC

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

It's definitely not you. Surround sound isn't supported yet but we're working on bringing it to TV+ in the near future. 

You released an HD TV box without surround sound??!

I am within my 15-day contract cancellation period, will I get surround sound before then? I think I would rather go back to Shaw’s dodgy picture quality than get stuck with stereo sound.

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry to say but it's unlikely to happen within 15 days. Of course, if it happens much sooner, we'll definitely update posts such as this one. 

FYI to anybody who reading this, I called Loyalty team and they are swapping my digital boxes for the 4K PVR boxes which are apparently a different product without this issue. I’m sure the new digital boxes I was originally sent will be wonderful once the important features are eventually enabled.