cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge for recording

Rosario
Just Moved In

I recently switched from Shaw to Telus Optik TV. I've been unable to record. Customer service informs me that there is a $10/month charge for recording. Really???? This does not make any sense. And how come I was not informed of this when I made the switch. I am regretting my decision to join Telus Optik TV already.

4 REPLIES 4

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Telus offers various TV packages. It would appear that you have one that doesn't include recording.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

Hi
Thank you for your reply. That's what customer service informed me, but I still think it's not right. Nobody mentioned that when I was setting up my plan. It was a surprise when I tried to record something.
The plans are not cheap, and it adds insult to injury to have to pay extra for recording, when it's a feature that should be included in the plan.
I think Telus will lose a loyal customer here.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

For some time Telus had a minimalist offering called PikTV. It offered a single connection, and live TV only, plus some streaming. Optik, at a higher price point offered more features, including recording. As they collapsed their offerings into a single product, the bottom level replaces PikTV. Higher levels mimic Optik.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Rocky3
Rockstar

I have followed this forum for about 8 months and it appears that multiple special offers were made. I just had an increase so one of my perk discounts have expired.