cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund Text Message

kimannetag
Just Moved In
Not sure if this message is legit or a scam? Got a text message from a 705-242-8301 number telling me to click a link from telusmobilecarrier.com and it brings me to an interac etransfer page saying I have a $75.50 “mobile refund” and to enter my banking details. I’m not expecting a refund so it just seems too good to be true. Help?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

giantbrownguy
Rockstar
Scam. Never click the links. Often they can install malware on computers on top of trying to get your data. If you get something like this, your breed Beer is to call TELUS and ask.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

giantbrownguy
Rockstar
Scam. Never click the links. Often they can install malware on computers on top of trying to get your data. If you get something like this, your breed Beer is to call TELUS and ask.

Some of the scam links in the text messages can also link to sites that can compromise certain phones as well.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

xray
Hero

Depending on your phone and SMS app there might be the ability to block and report as spam. 

Block and Report Spam.png