cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I blocked from Google maps and all things related to Google?

Latif
Just Moved In

Hello,

This has been a source of frustration for years now - I have an [email protected] email address.  Whenever I try to access Google Maps (it's incredibly useful to have access to this... other maps are nowhere near as good) - or when I try to login in YouTube (I can watch videos but can't create my own account so *I* can upload) - I get the message:

We are sorry, but you do not have access to Google Maps. Some reasons why you may not have access:

• Your account is managed by an organization that has this service turned off for its users.
  • Your account may be temporarily disabled by your organization’s admin.
  • Your Google Workspace subscription may no longer be active.

To access this Google service, you may want to try signing in with a different account. If you still need support, contact your organization's admin.

So I'm contacting my organization's admin, which I guess is someone from telus.net?  Do other people with [email protected] email addresses have this problem and does anyone know what can be done to resolve this?

Kind regards,

Latif

• year
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you have an existing Google account, you need to be logged in to that Google account first as the primary account, before logging in to the telus.net account as a secondary account. The alternative would be that you'd have to completely log out of the telus.net account when you are done checking your email and then you'll be able to access the other Google sites.

The telus.net accounts are not regular Gmail accounts. They are an enterprise solution and Google charges for each additional feature (maps, YouTube, etc).

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you have an existing Google account, you need to be logged in to that Google account first as the primary account, before logging in to the telus.net account as a secondary account. The alternative would be that you'd have to completely log out of the telus.net account when you are done checking your email and then you'll be able to access the other Google sites.

The telus.net accounts are not regular Gmail accounts. They are an enterprise solution and Google charges for each additional feature (maps, YouTube, etc).

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Thank you very much for your answer!!!  When I login under a different profile, I do have access to Google maps (just checked).  Thanks again!

Kind regards,

Latif

JC09112022
Neighbour

This is just silly, that Telus arranged all this when moving us to gmail

It's a huge inconvenience, when working with anything regarding Google analytics, reCAPTCHA, etc. etc. etc. etc.

Obviously no one at telus thought this through or cared!