cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam call?

Ladybee
Just Moved In
I just got a phone from someone saying they are from Telus and have a New Years special and can give 30% off my bill. They called from 403-208-5195. I will suspicious because I had a similar call around a Black Friday deal. I asked where the caller was calling from, he said sales department, I asked what office he was calling from. He just said Telus, I asked for a location and he was silent for awhile then said he was calling from West Georgia Street in Vancouver. Then asked to talk to my husband because I wasn't understanding anything. My husband is not on the account. I hung up and they called me back immediately.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

It's a scam. Don't give them any information. That phone number isn't even a Telus corporate number.

West Georgia Street is the corporate headquarters location. I don't recall Telus having a call centre in that building.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

It's a scam. Don't give them any information. That phone number isn't even a Telus corporate number.

West Georgia Street is the corporate headquarters location. I don't recall Telus having a call centre in that building.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Yeah, my parents use to work at Telus (even BC Tel) and I know the West Georgia isn't a call centre. They told me the same address in the Black Friday call. There were tons of flags, like an Alberta number for the Vancouver office. Also wanting to talk to my husband, I am the only name on the account, and a real rep would not demand to talk to someone else (not on the account) just for asking what location they are in.