cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Phone some callers are getting out of service message

BPcalg
Friendly Neighbour

I was getting a lot of spam calls so I turned on Call Control using the My Telus App. Callers then told me they could not work their way through the prompts so the system prevented them from reaching me. I looked at blocked calls and added numbers to my Accepted list but you only get 25.

I got fed up with Call Control and turned it off but now new callers get a "this number is out of service message"

I tried support but the robot's text messages never reached me and the technician must have got the out of service message and did not investigate further or try to contact me.

2 REPLIES 2

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's strange. Have you tried calling your number from another phone to see if you can recreate the issue your callers are describing?

Call control involves one challenge before the call is allowed through unless they get it wrong on their first try. 

BPcalg
Friendly Neighbour
I didn't but I spent an hour on the phone with a technician and his backroom contacts. The tech could not call my home phone - out of service message. Eventually the other guys were able to unblock my phone number. They told me I could use call control again but I don't trust it anymore.