cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

losing a customer

samnic59
Just Moved In

i have been a loyal EPP telus cutomer. this year I have all my family 4 phones up. I went to up grade my kids phones.

Kid 1 new apple 14 for$15/ month plus $55 plan. then they charge me an activation fee - for what ? - the agent tells me to call customer retention and they will reverse! OK

Kid 2 - go one evening at 7:30 PM - new samsung phone $5 per month and $55 plan  and $60 activation fee - again told to call customer retention to have waved. Also told to come bcak the next day because they close at 8pm and can not do the transfer in time. Went back the next day and they did not want to honour the previous days plan - new plan $7.95 for the phone and $60 per month. 

Kids need phones for school so I purchased.

Call customer retention - they would not wave $60 fee. 

the other 2 phones on the plan are mine and my wifes that I bought out and we will be moving to another carrier. 

I do not understand telus! 

Hopefully they will see this and give me a call to try to retain me. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Syaoran
All-Star
The fees are just another way to punish customers. It's unfortunate that Telus and other providers choose to do this. You can always purchase your device directly from the manufacturer or somewhere like BestBuy in full and just take the physical SIM out of the old device and put it in the new one. There is no charge for that.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Syaoran
All-Star
The fees are just another way to punish customers. It's unfortunate that Telus and other providers choose to do this. You can always purchase your device directly from the manufacturer or somewhere like BestBuy in full and just take the physical SIM out of the old device and put it in the new one. There is no charge for that.

will be moving from telus!

TELUS is interested in making money not annoying people. Be sure to check first before doing anything. I transferred a number from TELUS to KOODO. If you do it online it costs 10 dollars for the sim. I went to a TELUS/KOODO partner. It would cost 60 dollars connection fee, 40 dollars store charge and  probably the 10 dollars sim card.  Went to a TELUS owned TELUS/KOODO store and there was a 35 dollar connections fee. 
Summary 10 dollars online, 35 dollars at TELUS store and 110 dollars at a partner store. I went with the 35 dollars option. Figured it was worth 35 dollars to pay for their time for a hassle free number transfer and it was hassle free.

HOTROD2023
Friendly Neighbour

sorry, they did this to U when I got my A65 same thing but the rep did let it go after was hooked up.