cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail not working through iPhone

Solitract
Neighbour
I cannot seem to access my voicemail when dialling 1 or using the Carrier Voicemail button on iPhone. The only way I can access my voicemail is to dial my own number. I have an iPhone 15 pro max if that matters.
12 REPLIES 12

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Are you using Telus's voicemail, or the new Apple live voicemail that came out with iOS 17?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

I am using Telus’ voicemail. I tried turning live voicemail on and off and there was no effect.

islandgirl11
Just Moved In
I also have issues now with voicemail. I have tested it and the voicemails aren’t saving. I see that there’s a voicemail but after I call, i am told there are no messages and the little circle notification of a voicemail disappears. I had seen the live voicemail was working a few weeks ago, but now I don’t even get my messages when i call my voicemail.

Skyshoveller
Just Moved In
I am having the same issue. People are calling and leaving messages. My badge notifications show I have two messages. But the voice says I have no messages 🤷🏻‍:female_sign:

MamaD1
Friendly Neighbour

same as above! need a solution!!

MamaD1
Friendly Neighbour

FYI, I have...

confirmed my vm is set up

made sure call forwarding is off

made sure wifi calling in on

turned off/on cellular and made sure cellular is on

verified my mailbox is empty

turned app off/on

turned phone off/on

rest network settings

checked that carrier setting are updated

updated iOS

I am NOT reinstalling the iOS unless I absolutely have to!

I will call Telus tech support tonight to see if they can help. I will keep you posted and/or update with solution if I find one!

Just curious, are you on an eSIM? it seems this only started happening when I converted my physical sim to an eSIM through my iPhone.

MamaD1
Friendly Neighbour

I have a physical SIM in my iPhone... though I should point out that since I upgraded my device I have had this issue. I did take my existing SIM card and put it in the new phone, rather than the one they sent... I wonder if they have me under the new SIM, rather than the old one that I am using? This may be the issue... thanks for asking!

MamaD1
Friendly Neighbour

So I determined what my SIM card # is and went to 'change' it (going with the assumption they have me registered under the new SIM they sent, and I get a message that it IS my current SIM...

Back to the drawing board...

John82
Just Moved In

I have the issue where my phone instantly hangs up my voicemail as soon as I dial it.   Telus is looking into the cause of why it does that. I reboot my phone and it works once ,  sometimes not a all.  Frustrating as heck.

watsonjasonw
Just Moved In

i have this same issue on physical sim and just upgraded to iphone 15 promax. did not have this issue on my 14 promax. any solutions yet

I called in and they recommended turning off then turning on live voicemail and no issues since