cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third party charge on my bill.

fredroz
Just Moved In

On March 24 at 12:42 a.m. a charge of $4.99 was charged to my Telus Account, a third-party app purchase. For some reason, Telus can only tell me the date and time the purchase was made but not by whom. I have been with Telus for 4 months and never expected to get hacked.  I purchase nothing on Google Play Store or Samsung store either and never have. Telus tells me they do not refund any 3rd party purchases, well they allowed the purchase into my account and should be able to at least tell me who made the purchase, an hour on the phone with Support solved nothing at all.  It could have easily been $150 instead of the small amount which I have paid.    I am quite disappointed with the dead-end I quickly found with Telus.  I have a 2 step verification and have changed my password and am not sure what else I can do. Are you able to help me with this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

C_Fun
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, was it an in-app purchase? Have a look here how to disable that. https://forum.telus.com/t5/Mobility/Managing-Third-Party-Application-Purchases/ta-p/124426

You can also send us a private message via Twitter or Facebook. We will authenticate your account and find out what third part app it was. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

C_Fun
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there, was it an in-app purchase? Have a look here how to disable that. https://forum.telus.com/t5/Mobility/Managing-Third-Party-Application-Purchases/ta-p/124426

You can also send us a private message via Twitter or Facebook. We will authenticate your account and find out what third part app it was. 

Thank you for your reply, I have done as you suggested to further protect myself from unwanted charges. It really annoys me that Telus can't tell me or won't tell me where the charge was from and who charged it. It was only $4.99 thankfully since I have had to pay it. If Telus allows any more charges to my account I will be finding another provider rather quickly. I expected better customer service from such a large company.

Another point came up when I was attempting to talk to a real person, I was asked me for the last 4 digits of my drivers license which I declined to give , then I was asked for the last 3 numbers of my SIN number which I also declined to give I was called. That would have saved a lot of time if we hadn't had to have a back and forth email. I kept giving the answer to the security questions that I had signed up with and not the personal items I was being asked for. That took about 20 minutes during which time she was polite and had a lot of patience with me but I guess she just could have said she couldn't help me instead of arguing that I was required to give a different type of security answers that were not put in my account when I signed up about 3 months previous. I spent about 45 minutes on that call, then another hour searching Google and Google play which got zero answers. So bottom line is, Telus stiffed me for 5 bucks with no recourse so that is a big strike one with me as I was going to tell my daughter to switch over but if I have had a "poor" experience with a company I won't subject one of my friends or loved ones to the possible same experience. I wrote a note to Telus and mentioned this, they didn't answer, that is strike two. I am still annoyed and will keep Telus on probation for quite some time.

Thank you for your help and suggestion, I hope it does put some sort of security in place to protect new customers from unknown charges. ( I just reread your response abut contacting you on FB or Twitter and may just do that, thank you again.)

Fredroz.

On 2022-04-22 10:08 a.m., TELUS Neighbourhood wrote:

Hi fredroz,

C_Fun (Community Manager) posted a new reply in Mobility Services on 04-22-2022 10:08 AM:

Re: Third party charge on my bill.

Hi there, was it an in-app purchase? Have a look here how to disable that. https://forum.telus.com/t5/Mobility/Managing-Third-Party-Application-Purchases/ta-p/124426

Reply | Accept as Solution | Give Kudos