cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scammed by real Telus agent

amel7282
Neighbour

Just recently, I signed up with Telus. Mind you, I got this promotion at a REAL Telus store in the mall where I'm from. The agent said they would give me a discount of $30/line for 3 lines so $90 before taxes. It's been about a month now and my bill is at $615.00? I contacted the agent who gave me this promotion. I talked with her and basically in the end when I told her to give me the actual promotion, she hang up on me and now won't answer my calls. Does anyone know what I can do to escalate this and get this bill removed? I never agreed on the terms in my contract. I have the name, area where they work, and phone number of the agent.

8 REPLIES 8

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'll send you a private message to discuss further, thanks.

Syaoran
All-Star
If you are within the buyers remorse period (14 days). You might want to consider that option to terminate any agreement if Telus can't give you what you were promised before then.

amel7282
Neighbour

Wish I could. My very first bill came out to around $450. When I spoke to the agent who gave me the offer, they told me to send her the bill and she would take care of it. So I sent her the bill and fast forward 30 days, she won't answer my calls and left me to deal with all of this. I have her name and the area she works at. Can I do anything with that info?

Smashmouth
Neighbour

This same thing happened to me. A Telus representative came to my door to offer a Telus promotional offer. He said because I have been a customer for 20+ years that I was being offered a free security system for 3 years. On top of that Telus was willing to offer a 15% discount on my existing services. This would bring my bill to $168 dollars. My bills are now over $300 per month. I have been in contact with the representative since by phone ant ext messages. All recorded. He keeps making the promise to get this corrected and apologizes for the delays. Nothing has happened. Still getting the bills. Now reading the 14 day clause mentioned above is starting to make me think I have been duped. The representative said to ignore the first bill and that an alternate bill would be sent with the price adjustments. Was this just a ploy to get beyond the 14 days? Please I need help. I don't want to switch from Telus but $300 per month is simply unaffordable for me. Wonder what the cancelation fees are. I am hoping someone can help me.

I hope you can get this resolved! Contracts are designed to make sure you don't cancel prior to the term. For those who do, the penalties are incredibly expensive. If you are not.fining help fr Customer Care or Telus on their social media to resolve this fast. I personally would cancel before the buyers remorse period is up. Financial hardship is not worth the stress.

If I were in your shoes, I would call customer support or even the escalation team immediately. I would not risk it. I've taken it as a rule now, I must SEE the contract with all the promotions applied IMMEDIATELY for me to accept whatever offer I'm receiving. Good luck getting this resolved.

Smashmouth
Neighbour

Thank you all. Telus agents were very responsive to me. I would like to thank them in resolving my issue. 

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Very much appreciate your patience in this.