cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rude response from telemarketing representative.

Lkjinbb
Just Moved In
Received a call from 866-558-2273 (which has been confirmed to be a legit Telus number in other threads) trying to sell me a plan with a Samsung phone for $65/month. After politely explaining that I'm not interested, the representatives response was quite literally word for word "f*** you". At this point I hung up because I don't need to be disrespect over the phone by some salesman. Never will I buy a phone plan with Telus after this interaction. Considering switching my internet back to Shaw after this also.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

$65/month? That was a scammer calling you. That wasn't a call from Telus. The scammers can fake any number on a caller ID as well and the $65 plan is one they try offer people frequently. Did they offer to pay out the balance of your current cell contract to get you to switch? That's another frequent thing the scammers say.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

$65/month? That was a scammer calling you. That wasn't a call from Telus. The scammers can fake any number on a caller ID as well and the $65 plan is one they try offer people frequently. Did they offer to pay out the balance of your current cell contract to get you to switch? That's another frequent thing the scammers say.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂