cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No network connection.

MrYoToad
Neighbour
Second time this week. Using my Galaxy A70 at home and suddenly the circle with a line appears in the notification area.

Restarting the phone fixed it the first time. But so lucky the second time.

I reset the network settings the first time before restarting but it didn't fix anything. Would rather not try that again.
7 REPLIES 7

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Is this while connected to Wi-Fi, or the cellular network?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

I'm connected via wifi but the indication is for the cellular.

Guess I forgot to check back in after it resolved itself in July but it is happening again this morning. I've restarted my phone a few times and reseated the SIM card as well but I'm still not connected.

And now I've gone ahead and posted as someone else. I'm MrYoToad as well.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Then it seems for whatever reason, your phone is dropping the Wi-Fi signal. What happens if you simply turn Wi-Fi off then on again in settings?

NFtoBC

The Wi-Fi is fine. It is the cellular. 

I tried reseating the SIM yesterday and it made no difference. Then tried the SIM in a different device. It worked fine. When I put it back in the original device, it connected again to Telus...so it is fine again for now. It just happens randomly and I'm not sure how to resolve it...whether it is the SIM or the device.

And now it has gone again. Is there anyway to tell if this is with Telus, my SIM or my phone?

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

If it is not happening simultaneously to both devices, it is not likely the carrier. SIM cards rarely fail, but you can purchase a replacement very inexpensively from a Telus dealer. The most likely culprit is the phone, as it is the more complex device.

NFtoBC