cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asurion/Telus won't help me; about to walk from my contract

412Queen
Just Moved In

The first week of January I lost my place to stay, ended up in the shelter system here in Toronto and suffered a severe mental health crisis. My Samsung Galaxy S23 device was lost/stolen during this time. After reviewing records, a Telus rep during one of my numerous calls, determined that my last typical usage occurred January 2nd, 2024. Asurion had replaced the original S23 less than a month before painlessly. I kept going online, filling out the same form, uploading my ID etc and would get an automated email the next morning saying "We have some further questions regarding your claim, call this number..." A representative finally disclosed to me that my claim was being rejected because the device was still active. Okay, this made sense, so I got a new SIM and a $60 barely working Galaxy S4 from some cell repair shop and reported the device lost and activated the new sim under my account. My claims continued to be rejected due to the device "being active". A very competent telus tech escalated/reached out to IT and determined the Jan 2nd date and told me that it should go through and it didn't. Another Telus rep said that this was an internal issue and she called Asurion via a backchannel and called me back and said things should be ok.

Asurion reps were much worse to deal with until I finally got a customer care woman who seemed to be based in the US. She actually spent a great deal of time behind the scenes trying to figure out what was going on, calling me back rather than putting me on hold for 20 mins, and she said that the wrong IMEI was coming through on the device claim. She said that the S4 IMEI was getting flagged and that i had to submit ONE LAST CLAIM and just make a note in the text box with a note saying "This is regarding <imei she gave me>, forward to telus."

I think it was only 90 mins later that an email from Asurion arrive, the same email that always arrives saying 'we have more questions..' so I called Asurion back and asked the agent if it was just an automated email, and if a human being would actually **combine the extensive notes from the latest call with customer care, with the latest claim and forward THAT to Telus>back to Asurion in order to complete my claim?** Was told that I was good to go but of course nothing of the sort happened. A mouthy Asurion rep told me my device is still active so I called Telus yet again and was told my stolen device was never deactivated. I thought maybe this was all due to an oversight so sighed in relief and told him to deactivate the S23 that was stolen January 2nd. When I got off the call my cell service was suspended on my S4 'burner' phone I'd just made the call with. I filed another claim Wednesdays the 28th of March thinking "fine, maybe this will enable the claim to work.." and got my hopes up because it took until Sunday, March 3rd for that same denial email to arrive.

When i go back to phoneclaim.com it now says that I have waited too long to file a device claim and says I should read the terms. I need help. I need a supervisor from Telus to PLEASE help me, cause this has caused me so much anxiety and distress

Determine the IMEI of the device in use Jan 2. Blacklist that IMEI and mark it as lost/stolen on that date. Any use after that date was done by the thief. Note the IMEI of this Galaxy S4. Give Asurion this information and explain to them they aren't insuring my temp burner device, they are insuring the S23 that was stolen. Waive the $50 reconnection fee(s) on my account. I just want to pay the $250 deductible and continue as a customer. Telus gave me a great device with like $0 down, the network here is amazing and fast etc etc, but I was UNABLE to immediately report the device as stolen because i spent 3 weeks at CAMH as a patient getting well. like someone help me!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'll send you a private message to discuss further, thanks.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'll send you a private message to discuss further, thanks.