cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5G Smart Hub dropping 5G signal

kb2
Neighbour

Upgraded from the old smart hub to the new 5G smarthub outdoor unit 3 weeks ago, and the consistency of the signal had been excellent, always between -95dBm and -98dBm (4-5 bars) 5G on the device webpage.  Speeds the promised 100MB.  However of course too good to be true, yesterday that 5G band disappeared from the network list and now the best it can do is -114dBm (2 bars) LTE with stuttery upload.  These LTE bands previously did show up on the list, but the strongest 5G band has now disappeared.  Wondering if this is likely a temporary thing and it will spring back to life, or if the tower has been tinkered with and it is now beaming off into another direction.  We are 25km from the single tower that the hub can reach.

4 REPLIES 4

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Have you had the chance to speak with our Mobility team about this for further investigation?

kb2
Neighbour

Thanks, is there a way to get localized support? I can never get beyond instructions on how to reset the modem with the call centre, or an admission that there might be something wrong with the tower so call back next week...  I'm in northwest BC

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Unfortunately there's no way to get through to someone in that specific area, but you could always reach out to our team at 1-866-558-2273 or visit www.telus.com/assist to try a Live Chat option instead of calling in.

Just tried, and ended up on eternal hold in french after the initial agent sent me down the wrong support line