cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus won’t honour their price match policy

SamP
Neighbour

On Nov 17 we purchased two identical phones for our kids (iPhone 14) via the Telus web store. Same model and size, same easy payment and bring it back amounts. Monthly payment was $22.

A couple of days later, the same phones were being offered for $15 / mth through the Telus web store, for the second half of Black Friday week. We submitted price match requests. It was Approved for one phone but Declined for the other. The phones were still in stock. The same plans were being offered, too. I retried on a different day and it was still declined. I contacted Support, and they directed me to the Web Store #. I called, and the web store agent could not explain why the request was declined. He submitted a request manually to see if it would work but it did not. There was no explanation. I’ve called and tried to reach the escalations team but I gave up after about an hour on hold. I’ve submitted an escalation form to the management team. They tried to call twice, 10 days apart, but they didn’t leave any callback information and they closed the case. I’ve emailed the web store to ask why it’s being declined and they just directed me back to the price match form.

We meet all of the eligibility requirements. I’ve triple checked the IMEI number.

Further, we’ve had a heck of a time renewing our numbers. I called Loyalty earlier in November to process two renewals and add a line. The agent could not process our orders due to technical difficulties. She called back an hour later and still could not process anything. She arranged another date/time to call back, and she never called.

I decided it would be easier to order exactly what we want from the web store. Our first 4 orders were all cancelled due to stock availability. The next re-order was also cancelled for the same reason. And then the plan availability changed, where the loyalty package was no longer offered on other lines where it was previously. There are also glitches with the Telus website where it shows - in a very large banner - that a family discount has been applied to your plan, but the plan is not actually eligible for family discount (it’s still doing it right now). I’ve escalated that, too, but they declined to honor what their website is currently showing.

We have 5 mobile devices with Telus. We have internet, phone, TV, and smart home plan with Telus. We’ve been a customer for around 15 years. And we have two more kids who will need phones in the coming years.

Our devices are now co-termed so I plan to cancel all Telus services next round. Technically we’re still within the 30 day return period but it would be very disruptive. My wife has 17,000 followers on Instagram so I might ask her to post about our abysmal experiences there.

Next time should I check out Rogers, Bell, or? Who else does both home services and mobility?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

SamP
Neighbour

Telus management/escalations reached out to me today and managed to force the price match. They couldn't do anything about the family discount messaging on the website or the challenges with the loyalty team. But at least they honored their price match policy after all.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

SamP
Neighbour

Telus management/escalations reached out to me today and managed to force the price match. They couldn't do anything about the family discount messaging on the website or the challenges with the loyalty team. But at least they honored their price match policy after all.