cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Prepaid Sim Card to Unlocked Phone?

pt2112
Just Moved In

I have a Prepaid Sim card with Telus and I'm looking to upgrade my phone, but I want keep everything the same with Telus (as In I want to remain Prepaid with Telus). Is this as simple as buying a new unlocked phone (from anywhere) and inserting my Sim card into it, and everything would work fine without me having to contact Telus? Or is this going to create some sort of issue? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

As long as the unlocked phone is compatible with Telus' network, then yes all you need to do is insert your existing SIM.  Depending on the phone you get the process to copy your old data / contacts / apps to the new phone may vary.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

As long as the unlocked phone is compatible with Telus' network, then yes all you need to do is insert your existing SIM.  Depending on the phone you get the process to copy your old data / contacts / apps to the new phone may vary.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

pt2112
Just Moved In

Thanks!