cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using a TP-Link router / AXE75, Android boxes, which settings do you change

poodude289
Organizer
I'm going to get the new android boxes instead of iptv boxes and fully-bridge my tp-link AXE75 from the NAH, do you guys have any settings on or off that aren't default to make it work? And, if I remove the currently existing PVR, do I need a cloud service pvr / cloud service to be able to record or will it just work?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The hardware for the cloud based PVR functionality is outside of your house. Just like every other cloud based service out there. It has nothing to do with your home network. 

The older Optik hardware has a physical PVR and it's not cloud based. It's currently superior to the cloud one but would require the NAH. The two Optik systems are not compatible with each other.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you have the Android based TelusTV+ boxes from Telus, you shouldn't need to do anything but you would need to ensure you're subscribed to the cloud PVR option for it, which is an additional cost. You'll need to ensure that's added when you order the new boxes. As mentioned in the existing discussion you have about the AXE75, there will be tradeoffs for going with the cloud PVR option. Other than that, you'll need to go through the setup process for the AXE75 as outlined by the manufacturer. 

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Can the Cloud PVR be used wirelessly with my AXE or is it wired only to the NAH

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The hardware for the cloud based PVR functionality is outside of your house. Just like every other cloud based service out there. It has nothing to do with your home network. 

The older Optik hardware has a physical PVR and it's not cloud based. It's currently superior to the cloud one but would require the NAH. The two Optik systems are not compatible with each other.

Right I get it now thanks

The Telus guy told me I can't remove the NAH completely even with the Android boxes / Cloud PVR, is he just wrong? Can I simply just unplug the entire thing and hook everyone into my AXE75 in main router mode and be done with it and not even bridge? If I didn't have to worry about bridging it would be nice