cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus Wi-Fi Hub Specs

giantbrownguy
Rockstar
Hey everyone, I just upgraded to Gigabit internet today but I’m not thrilled with my T3200. Dots anyone know the specs of the new Wi-Fi Hub (especially if it’s Wifi6)? There’s very little into it there and nothing I can see on Arcadyan’s website.

@BrandonT happy to listen to any of your suggestions.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BrandonT
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hi @giantbrownguy 

This topic is outside of my wheelhouse. Ill do my best.

I encourage others to pitch in and add more info, or correct any misinformation I provide on this topic.

This is a brand new gateway, and is being rolled out in a type of "soft-launch" to ensure we are able to resolve issues as they arise without effecting a large customer base. There are lots of firmware updates to come which will add more features and stability. Some features may be added, others removed. 

I have searched everywhere on the manufacturers Arcadyan website.

I could not find a single piece of information on this site regarding this specific device.

I have searched everywhere on Telus.com

I have found very little due to this being so new, and are still creating documentation.

Here is some random information I can find for the time being...

This is unofficial information, and may not be accurate.

• WiFi 2.4 & 5 GHz b/g/n/ac
    Tri-Band Radio (2.4 GHz, 5 GHz Low, and 5 GHz High)
  • Band steering combines 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands into one SSID and automatically assigns devices to the best band.
  • Features access point (AP) roaming when used with TELUS Boost WiFi.
  • Enabling port bridging allows a customer to use a 3rd party router that is connected to the TELUS Wi-Fi Hub.
    Note: Full device bridge mode will disable all the normal WiFi services on the device, including Optik TV.

I hope that answers some questions you may have.

TELUS Employee & Neighbourhood Volunteer :black_small_square: Found this post helpful? Let others know by clicking [❤️ Like] or [Accepted Solution].

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

BrandonT
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hi @giantbrownguy 

This topic is outside of my wheelhouse. Ill do my best.

I encourage others to pitch in and add more info, or correct any misinformation I provide on this topic.

This is a brand new gateway, and is being rolled out in a type of "soft-launch" to ensure we are able to resolve issues as they arise without effecting a large customer base. There are lots of firmware updates to come which will add more features and stability. Some features may be added, others removed. 

I have searched everywhere on the manufacturers Arcadyan website.

I could not find a single piece of information on this site regarding this specific device.

I have searched everywhere on Telus.com

I have found very little due to this being so new, and are still creating documentation.

Here is some random information I can find for the time being...

This is unofficial information, and may not be accurate.

• WiFi 2.4 & 5 GHz b/g/n/ac
    Tri-Band Radio (2.4 GHz, 5 GHz Low, and 5 GHz High)
  • Band steering combines 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands into one SSID and automatically assigns devices to the best band.
  • Features access point (AP) roaming when used with TELUS Boost WiFi.
  • Enabling port bridging allows a customer to use a 3rd party router that is connected to the TELUS Wi-Fi Hub.
    Note: Full device bridge mode will disable all the normal WiFi services on the device, including Optik TV.

I hope that answers some questions you may have.

TELUS Employee & Neighbourhood Volunteer :black_small_square: Found this post helpful? Let others know by clicking [❤️ Like] or [Accepted Solution].

stampeder
Friendly Neighbour

Wow, this was fast, there is now a teardown on ifixit;

https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/TELUS+Wi-Fi+Hub+(Arcadyan)+Teardown/129682

Do not try that at home! 😁

BINYAN
Neighbour

Sadly, it's not Wi-Fi6

Powderjockey
Advisor

Is it possible to suggest the number of DHCP Reservations not be capped at 10? Is there any way for them to increase this in a future firmware upgrade? 10 just does not cut it.