cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus Gmail account when I quit being a customer

SmokeMeAKipper
Neighbour

Since my Telus email is now with Google gmail, a free service, will Telus be a decent corporate citizen and allow my Telus email account to continue after I am no longer a Telus customer or do they terminate the account?

Thanks

Some background.

I live in a Condo. Telus has started sending threatening mail that they will be killing copper service and forcing a switch to fibre which must be run to the unit. Even though its a 15year old building in good condition and they can and have run fiber into the maintenance panel. Telus could have installed the fibre to copper converter here and  still use the existing copper to each unit. If necessary transfer responsibility for the copper within the building to the resident or building. I can't see why the service can't be high speed within the building using copper as its only five stories and the panel is on the second. I currently have a bonder connection on copper and its speed is fine. Anybody who wants high speed fibre to their unit could do so.

Since Telus provides no real information on its fibre website that they point you to go to for information just promotes its service I have to make some educated assumptions based on what I have read from other Telus customers who have had fibre installed.

Telus service or demarcation box is located in the closet beside the front door, I expect they would expect to add the fibre to copper converter, power supplies and router in here. There is no power on this side of the hall so I would have to have a permanent extension cord run across the hallway floor to provide Telus with my power to run their fibre to copper converter because they didn't run a combined fibre and power cable. I don't see Telus reducing the cost of their service to compensate for me powering their equipment it just keeps going up way ahead of inflation. Yeah sure were not paying for their fibre service installation.   

In order to provide my routers and switches with network internet connection I would then need to run ethernet wires across from one side of the hallway to the other and down the sides of the hall, across the kitchen entryway and into the living room. No I am not interested in running all my many devices over wireless. What's the point of high speed fibre if it then ends in low speed wireless.

If Telus disconnects my copper service I will cancel my services with Telus and go with cable or satellite internet.

0 REPLIES 0