cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stream+ EPP in app vs Online

sammich
Neighbour

Hello,

I currently subscribe to Stream+ Via telus.com as a bundle deal for netflix, disney, amazon and Telus films for $38.

On the Telus app i have EPP stream + that is 34 but doesnt tell me what is included and involved in the bundle.  On top of that via the app the other Stream+ offers are for Nexflix, Apple TV+ and discovery +

Can you provide me some clarity with this please?  

4 REPLIES 4

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

The one you're describing with Netflix, Disney+, and Amazon is the latest version of the Steam+ package so it appears that the older EPP version wasn't cancelled first. You should be able to cancel the EPP version from the app so you don't end up being double charged.

sammich
Neighbour

Thank you for your time!

I have not subbed anything via the APP, just through the telus site(had just decided to take a look today). 

But also this doesnt make much sense as the base Steam + plan is 28(i guess old plan) and the EPP is 34. 

What im wondering about is, since im on an EPP plan is there a discount for the Stream + package? 

Koodoo users get $5 off their Stream + for having a plan with them for the same thing.  

Thank you again!

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Ahh gotcha. Give our team a call at 1-888-811-2323 so they investigate further!

sammich
Neighbour

So this is sorta ridiculous.

Called the number got a rep that cannot see the current sub i had via Telus.com  Sees no sub attached to my account but sees the EPP Stream + option on his end.  The same i see on the App.  Tells me this is the same as the one on Telus.com which includes Netlix, Disney, Amazon etc but for the EPP price of 34.

Ok great!. As per the instructions i cancelled the sub on telus.com and had him add the EPP Stream + on his end.

Ended Call since i got the first email about cancelling from Telus.com and subbing via the agent

Got the link my accounts email and its for the OLD Stream + with netflix, discovery and apple

Also this time its the reverse.  It doesnt show up on Telus.com but shows up on the app linked to my main account(phone number)

I call back the number and the rep now tells me that what i see on the app along with the EPP deals is for the old package.  Nothing for the new one.  I bring up Koodoo and how they get a $5 discount for just having a line with them and he confirmed it.  But of course now cannot do anything.  Cant provide me the same deal as telus lite users are getting.  

I had to have him cancel what i subbed to via the app and then renew again via telus.com

Ridiculous.  How is this even possible or even acceptable?