cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Google mail since migration

Tightyfist
Just Moved In

After a nightmare getting my Mac computer mail program to communicate with Gmail, post migration headaches and a nice but almost unintelligible service agent taking control of my computer, I have my mail back ALMOST where it was. At Telus advice, I created archive mailboxes (pre-migration) and moved everything I wanted saved to them. Great!  Now, I find that my sent mail is not being saved in the sent mail folder provided by Gmail. I have saved everything sent up to the day or so prior to migration, but now a sent message shows in the "sent mail" folder, only to disappear by the next time I open my mail program. So now I will have to remember to manually place a copy of the sent mail (as I send it) to my archive folder or it will be lost. Of course, it's now a Gmail problem so I pursued an answer there, only to find another 'forum' of users complaining. Seeing that there are over 170 similar users losing their sent messages using Gmail and no indication that there is a fix, I will stick with my solution and hope I don't forget to save something important. I did lose one message that is proving to be a BIG issue of "I said / he said" but at the end of the day the offending message is not to be found ANYWHERE. So THANK YOU Telus, if you wanted to get out of the email business, why didn't you just notify us that "you better find another service provider!" This 'keeping your email address' has not been worth the headaches and now lost messages. Oh yes, should I take out another address with Hotmail or another provider, my recovery address for Telus/Gmail is another Gmail account. What happens if Gmail hangs up, another case of "go to this website for help" when your internet is not working? Makes one wonder what will be on the chopping block next, TV?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

My sent emails end up in the Sent Emails section of the Telus G-suite mail application. While it may be the version of Apple Mail on your Mac causing the issue, double check in Mail preferences that a copy is stored in Sent Mail, or elsewhere in your mail folders.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

My sent emails end up in the Sent Emails section of the Telus G-suite mail application. While it may be the version of Apple Mail on your Mac causing the issue, double check in Mail preferences that a copy is stored in Sent Mail, or elsewhere in your mail folders.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Are you using POP or IMAP? Normally POP will delete messages from the server when downloaded to a client. Check any clients accessing your mailbox to see if that may be the case.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.