cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ongoing Billing and Connectivity Issues and Complaint

JAg87
Just Moved In
I am writing to file a formal complaint regarding the issues I have encountered with my Telus bill payment and contract agreements. The purpose of this complaint is to bring to your attention the unprofessional conduct and false promises made by the Telus Fiber Team.

In August 2023, I contacted Telus to as about obtaining Telus home network services. During our initial conversation, I was assured that the monthly amount would be $70 per month, with no payments required for the first three months after installation because I would get enough credits to be automatically paid. Shortly after the installation, I started receiving bills amounting to $84 instead of the $70 promised. When I raised this issue with multiple reps, they assured me that the incorrect contract would be rectified within 30 days. However, the corrected contract never arrived. It was not until the beginning of October that Telus began sending me payment bills and I discovered I was being billed for the wrong amount.

After calling every month to have my bill corrected after asking every rep to fix the amount that is billed to me to the agreed upon $70, I now have a balance on this bill for a service call that was never made. I have also had multiple outages, which are rectified if I call the technical line to fix. They initially tell me that it is something on my side, but after speaking with someone on the phone, it magically starts working within 1-2 hours after our conversation with no intervention. Which indicates it is not a problem with my side of things at all, because it will start working again with no intervention from my end.

I spoke with the technical manager Ralph last night to have my 4th outage fixed, and he promised to call back and set up a date for a technician to which I did not get the call back to confirm times I would be available for someone to come into my home. The local technician called later in the day to say that he would arrive in 15 minutes, which I could not accommodate because I was in meetings but he was told that the time was confirmed.

The customer service department's lack of professionalism and inability to deliver on their promises have shattered my trust in Telus as a service provider. I find it deeply concerning that a company I rely on would engage in such practices, misleading customers and subjecting them to unnecessary stress and financial burden.

Considering these circumstances, I urge Telus to address this matter urgently and take the necessary actions to rectify the situation. I seek fair compensation for the losses I have incurred, as well as prompt resolution to the billing discrepancies, in accordance with our original agreement.

I trust that Telus holds its commitment to customer satisfaction and will address this complaint appropriately. I expect a timely response within 3 days, confirming the commencement of an investigation into the matter and ensuring that my concerns are appropriately considered.
2 REPLIES 2

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello. I'll send you a private message to discuss further, thanks.

bryanweiser
Neighbour

Hi, if you have any contact info I would appreciate it. I am at my wits end as well. Thanks.