cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix Streaming Failure

bskitmor
Advisor

I have recently moved my Netflix subscription to Telus and installed a new Ubiquiti-based home network at about the same time.  Since making these changes, I have been unable to use Netflix on my ageing Samsung LED Tv (2011).  Netflix runs fine on a Windows desktop and laptop and a Pixel Android phone & tablet.  But when I try to use Netflix on the TV (via a Google TV Chromecast stick) sign in to Netflix and program options display are Ok but when I make a selection no streaming occurs -- there is a % count up that gets to 25% and then hangs.  I did not have this problem on my previous Actiontec/Booster network -- but this was before the subscription move.  And, I have just recalled that I upped my network speed to 1 Gb lately.  Long story, and I spent a long time on a Telus support call -- they did their best but could not diagnose.

For now my workaround is to cast from my phone -- works, maybe time for a new TV.

1 REPLY 1

bskitmor
Advisor

Forgot to mention, all other streaming services run Ok e.g. Telus TV plus, Apple, Amazon Prime, Youtube etc.