cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modern Hardware

rajanjohal
Organizer

My current setup uses a Nokia ONT feeding a T3200 modem.  Wireless service is provided via 3 Boost Wifi units in various places in the house, one ethernet connected to the T3200 and two hardware connected via ECB6200 MOCA units.

What modern Telus modem and booster hardware will replicate this setup?

4 REPLIES 4

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

It depends on what your home is qualified for. You can always check your address and service availability at our website page here: https://www.telus.com/en/internet

Equipment availability is based on the technology deployed to your home so the router that'll be set up isn't the same for fibre as it'd be for copper ADSL, etc.

I have Purefibre 500 service.  The technician that looked at my setup said that upgrading the hardware would have no effect on what speed I would see day to day - but he had an interest in saying that.

BeigeMurke
Just Moved In

For a setup similar to yours, I'd recommend considering the latest Telus modem, such as the Telus T4000. It provides enhanced performance and features compared to the T3200. As for boosters, you might want to look into the Telus Boost Wi-Fi 2.0 units. They offer improved coverage and speed compared to the Boost Wi-Fi units you currently have. This combination should replicate and even enhance your existing setup effectively.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Telus doesn't offer any devices with the model T4000.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂