cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet disconnected without consent

Entropyman
Neighbour
Hey!

I had a missed call today from a Telus agent saying that someone said they moved into our apartment and we were getting disconnected.

We didn't get home until after normal buisness hours, but became very disappointed that we were cut off from our internet. We are regular customers who always pay our bills on time.

What is the normal policy for internet providers when they disconnect your service without your consent?

If this is a normal Telus protocol, I'd rather take my buisness elsewhere.

Please advise on how to stop this from happening in the future.

Cheers
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

The process is that when the other customer contacts us to place an order moving into a location where there's currently active service, that person at said location does receive a text/voice message from us to move or cancel their services. In layman terms, it's basically 'we were just advised someone's moving into your location? please let us know if you're moving / cancelling as well to clear up the location' etc. We also don't do same day orders, meaning the order to move in from this other person wouldn't have come in on a day, with your services disconnected that same day, as it obviously wouldn't be enough time.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Most services are disconnected fairly early in the day. Was this an order done in error? As in, you're not moving out or anything but rather the person moving gave the wrong address (yours) to our team?

The disconnect was done in error. We are still without service.

I believe someone thinks our address is their new one.

I am just frustrated that we didn't get more than a few hours notice about our service getting cut. I feel like we should have had at least a day of notice.

Cheers

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

The process is that when the other customer contacts us to place an order moving into a location where there's currently active service, that person at said location does receive a text/voice message from us to move or cancel their services. In layman terms, it's basically 'we were just advised someone's moving into your location? please let us know if you're moving / cancelling as well to clear up the location' etc. We also don't do same day orders, meaning the order to move in from this other person wouldn't have come in on a day, with your services disconnected that same day, as it obviously wouldn't be enough time.

Thank you for all of the responses. I have cleared it with an agent this morning.

Someone made a mistake, and disconnected us on the same day (within a few hours of notification), not allowing me enough time to rectify the mistaken address.

It is good to know what the normal policy is.

Mistakes happen, it was frustrating, but the people who helped me this morning were great.

Cheers everyone

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's amazing to hear. Without question, very much appreciate your patience on this.