cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was just upgraded to wifi6 equipment

boothter
Just Moved In

but I didn't realize it would nuke any connection to my smart bulbs, plugs, and Google speakers. so I bought a Dlink 1750 router, hoping I could hook that up to regain the 2.4 / 5.0 frequencies to operate them with. no such luck; it may be a faulty Dlink, or they aren't compatible. any input would be helpful on either count

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The Wifi6 Boost unit has a separate 2.4GHz wireless network that can be used. Additionally it has a dedicated smart devices option that you can use. You just need to enable it. The only drawback for that Smart Devices Network is that it has a fixed password.

If you wanted to put all smart devices onto a single separate SSID, do the following to enable the Smart Device network: 

1. Once logged in, click on Wi-Fi on the left menu.

boost1.png

2. Click on the little black right arrow in the top right of the page:

boost2.png

3. Click on Smart Device Network

boost3.png

4. For each network, change the drop down menus from Disabled to Enabled You'll see the password below both networks:

boost4.png

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The Wifi6 Boost unit has a separate 2.4GHz wireless network that can be used. Additionally it has a dedicated smart devices option that you can use. You just need to enable it. The only drawback for that Smart Devices Network is that it has a fixed password.

If you wanted to put all smart devices onto a single separate SSID, do the following to enable the Smart Device network: 

1. Once logged in, click on Wi-Fi on the left menu.

boost1.png

2. Click on the little black right arrow in the top right of the page:

boost2.png

3. Click on Smart Device Network

boost3.png

4. For each network, change the drop down menus from Disabled to Enabled You'll see the password below both networks:

boost4.png

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂