cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I change secondary DNS on Fibre Modem FXA5000?

ydesai
Neighbour

I was able to change the primary DNS from Local Network > Show Advanced > DHCP Settings > DNS Server. 

There is only one field which is the Primary DNS. How do I add a secondary DNS? The reason I want to add secondary is because if my primary go down, secondary dns can be used. I tried adding using comma or space, but that is not accepted. The modem is not even smart enough to use itself as secondary dns by default.

Initially when I made the change, it used IPV6 as a primary dns on my phone. When I disabled IPV6, it now uses only the custom DNS that I set. No secondary DNS. So how do I go about setting secondary DNS? Any ideas?

ydesai_0-1691616690841.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DrPacman
Rockstar

@ydesai There is only one field which is the Primary DNS. How do I add a secondary DNS?

Try to seperate the server IP addresses with a comma and see if that enables what you may be looking for...

If you find this post useful, please give the author a "Solution", or mark as "Kudo", if it solves your problem, thank you very much.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

DrPacman
Rockstar

@ydesai There is only one field which is the Primary DNS. How do I add a secondary DNS?

Try to seperate the server IP addresses with a comma and see if that enables what you may be looking for...

If you find this post useful, please give the author a "Solution", or mark as "Kudo", if it solves your problem, thank you very much.

@DrPacman Thank you for replying. As I mentioned, " tried adding using comma or space, but that is not accepted." So that is a no go.

@DrPacman Scratch what I said above. I was trying with comma and space before, but just a comma worked. I now have both DNS IPs connected. Thank you, I have marked your reply as the solution.