cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FXA5000

mrrob77
Neighbour

Does the FXA5000 Smart Hub have internal battery backup in case of a power outage?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@mrrob77 Does the Telus FXA5000 have any internal battery backup in case of power outage? Do I lose phone and internet service during a power outage?

The long and the short answer is no, the FXA5000 does not contain battery backup of any sort. There are however a couple of solutions. First you could always add a UPS to your system to ensure at least your hardware has power.

The caveat of course is if it is a neighborhood wide power outage the likelihood of any signal getting through would be minimal.

I always keep a cell phone handy just in case. Regardless if you have or don’t have a phone plan, 911 in case of emergencies is always available regardless of the phone status.

Hope this helps, cheers

If you find this post useful, please give the author a "Solution", or mark as "Kudo", if it solves your problem, thank you very much.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

mrrob77
Neighbour

Does the Telus FXA5000 have any internal battery backup in case of power outage? Do I lose phone and internet service during a power outage?

Have you tried unplugging it to see what happens?

@mrrob77 Does the Telus FXA5000 have any internal battery backup in case of power outage? Do I lose phone and internet service during a power outage?

The long and the short answer is no, the FXA5000 does not contain battery backup of any sort. There are however a couple of solutions. First you could always add a UPS to your system to ensure at least your hardware has power.

The caveat of course is if it is a neighborhood wide power outage the likelihood of any signal getting through would be minimal.

I always keep a cell phone handy just in case. Regardless if you have or don’t have a phone plan, 911 in case of emergencies is always available regardless of the phone status.

Hope this helps, cheers

If you find this post useful, please give the author a "Solution", or mark as "Kudo", if it solves your problem, thank you very much.

Thanks Dr!  As I suspected. My old Shaw system had a UPS backup powering the modem.