cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copper wire

dathomas
Neighbour

I had a technician come out to my address yesterday, [mod edit: private info] Vancouver, and he mentioned that copper wire was running into our culdesac and that it should be replaced with fibre optik wiring due to it being very old.  We are now experiencing several dropped calls and the technician says that it is because of the old copper wiring.  I am wondering when Telus can upgrade our wiring to fibre optik and I assume that Telus would be responsible for the cost of the upgrade.  Please let me know when this upgrade can happen as our dropped call issue is a real problem.  

Thanks,

Darrell Thomas

[mod edit: private info]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Please avoid posting personal information as these are public forums. Telus won't likely be able to give a concrete idea when fibre will be run. Since you have underground lines, that means they'll need equipment to deal with that.

From putting various nearby addresses into Telus' website, I can see that there is fibre a few cul-de-sac's north of you that are all part of the Angus Lands strata (Tidewater Pl, Tugboat Pl and Gillnet Pl). Anything south of there doesn't have fibre. Odds are the strata approached Telus directly to get fibre put in. I can see from your property assessment that your property is part of a strata also. If that is the case, whoever is managing or representing your strata will need to fill out the form on Telus's website to get the fibre process started.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Please avoid posting personal information as these are public forums. Telus won't likely be able to give a concrete idea when fibre will be run. Since you have underground lines, that means they'll need equipment to deal with that.

From putting various nearby addresses into Telus' website, I can see that there is fibre a few cul-de-sac's north of you that are all part of the Angus Lands strata (Tidewater Pl, Tugboat Pl and Gillnet Pl). Anything south of there doesn't have fibre. Odds are the strata approached Telus directly to get fibre put in. I can see from your property assessment that your property is part of a strata also. If that is the case, whoever is managing or representing your strata will need to fill out the form on Telus's website to get the fibre process started.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Thank you for the email. I was told by a telus technician to post the question to this forum post so that management can answer the question of when fibre optik wiring will be installed in our culdesac. Several houses are affected by the dropped calls that are happening in our culdesac.

Sincerely,
Darrell Thomas

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Since it's a strata, the form on the webpage I linked to would need to be filled out. The person from Telus that responds to the strata itself as a result of filling that form out, would be able to give you a better idea on the timeframe. I went through that process for getting fibre run into my strata a few years ago.

Thank you for this information. Would you please be able to email me the form on the webpage link that I will need to fill out please as I am not sure which link that is. Thank you so much.

Sincerely,
dathomas

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Looks like the form isn't available at present. The website where the form should be currently says:

We're sorry for the inconvenience. Our online webform is under redevelopment. Please submit the below building / strata information to [email protected] for assistance:

• Building / Strata Address

• City

• Number of Units

• Residential or Commercial

• Landlord Contact

Cmcneill
Just Moved In

I live at [mod edit: private info] Vancouver and am having dropped calls.  According to Telus this is because we do not have fiber optic lines…….and why not?  I have been on the phone with Telus for hours and no one seems to understand our problem.  Several neighbours in our cul-de-sac are having dropped calls and I would like to have a qualified technician visit the properties and provide some plan of action.

[mod edit: private info]

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Please see the Accepted Solution in this thread, thanks.