cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract termination fees for deceased

TroyP
Just Moved In
Hello,
My mother passed away and I am the executor of the estate. I had the bills changed to the “estate of” and cancelled all services.
Final bills were all paid and up to date and all equipment was returned.
I just received a bill for contract terminations fees of $885.
It seems in very poor taste to charge a deceased persons these fees. Especially considering both my mother and are retired Telus employees with over 45 years of service between us.
I have been unable to find any information in the Terms of Service Agreements.
I did however find the competitors (Bell & Rogers) practice of waiving these fees.
Has anyone had success with Telus waiving the fees in the case of a deceased person?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello. I'll send you a private message to discuss options here, thanks.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello. I'll send you a private message to discuss options here, thanks.

TroyP
Just Moved In
Thank you for the help.
Here’s an update that may help someone else.
I sent a message through the Telus Facebook page and received a very prompt reply with a link to verify my account.
I verified my account, replied to the FB message that I had so and received a callback within 45 minutes.
The escalations manager apologized for the error and advised that he had already waived the charges. The reason I provided was the agent who took the cancelation request didn’t request the termination charges be waived.
Very fast and courteous resolution in a very stressful time is appreciated.

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for the update! Glad things got sorted for you, and very much appreciate your patience!!