cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint to make re Telus services

WIW
Neighbour

I hope that this will get read by someone from Telus as I have no way of sending an email to them directly: 

In mid-October'2023 I came to Telus store to switch my cell phones and landline and internet from Shaw/Rogers to Telus.  Everything went well except for my home landline (and a small hick-up with one of my cell phones, but this was resolved pretty quickly).  My home numer which I had here for over 30 years and had been my main contact number with many people here and abroad, did not get carried over from Shaw in October, as it was supposed to be.  I did not realize that I had been given by Telus some strange number instead (area code 825).  Only this January one of my friends while replying to a voice mail, asked why I have some weird number and that made me realize that my long-owned home number was never transferred.  After going back and forth with many customer service agents and many promises that the number will get transferred, I finally was told to go back to Shaw and have them reconnect their services as, otherwise, I will not be able to get my number back.  Shaw technician came, did his work (for which I was charged, of course).  I notified Telus, got told that now they will port the number and everything will be all good.  It did not happen.  After more calls with Telus customer service, I was told that I need to contact Shaw again as they need to re-connect the number again in order for Telus to do their part.  After almost a month of going back and forth, costs incurred (twice charged by Shaw) and many hours of my time wasted, I finally got my telephone number back.  How many people tried contacting us on a home number and were told that my number is not in service, I do not know and will never find out - we were out of our home landline number for almost four months, including Christmas and New Year.  Some of them probably will never call us again thinking that we have cancelled our home number. 

Very very poor service on Telus part.  I am very disappointed.

4 REPLIES 4

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello. That's definitely not the experience we want our customers to have, and I very much appreciate your patience throughout this entire situation. Sometimes things can get complicated when it comes to number ports and provider transfers, but it definitely should've been smoother than this. Please don't hesitate to let me know if there's anything further I can do to assist. I'll be passing this feedback along.

WIW
Neighbour

Thank you for your reply.  I appreciate it.

I would like to know where to send the two bills I received from Shaw?  $55.42 and $8.74.

Also, what would you recommend to be the best option for long distance calls to Poland.  My recent cell phone bill showed charge on a cell-to-cell call of over $70 for a 26 minutes' call!  Now that I have my landline back, I made another call and this one looked way better.  Over $2 for an 11 minutes call 🙂  I wonder if you have any option to add to my current plan for long distance calls to Poland?  Or making these calls on a home landline is the best option?  I would appreciate your advice.

Thank you.

Iwona 

[mod edit: private info]

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Edited that post as it contained a private email address!

As to your questions, reach out to our team at 1-888-811-2323 as they'll be able to assist with both! 

Thank you!

Iwona