cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Internet Package - Do I Need a Different Modem ??

BobArthur
Ambassador

So my initial 2 year bundle deal is ending on March 31st and I've been told by a couple of different CSR's that I will have to switch over to the Internet 250 package. I've had the Internet 75 package since I joined Telus and since I don't really upload or download very much it was perfectly fine and met all my needs. I thought that I could keep the Internet 75 with my next deal but I have been told that it cannot be grandfathered into my next bundle. Apparently the Internet 250 package will actually be a bit cheaper than what I have been paying for Internet 75. So here's my question - I have been using this modem pictured below for Internet 75:  

BobArthur_0-1711066631982.png

Will this modem still be OK for Internet 250 or will I need to get a replacement modem from Telus ???? If I do need a new modem which one should I get and if not then will I need to change any of the connections that I currently use with the old modem to access the higher internet speed ????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Telus stopped offering packages under 250mbps a little while back. Any of the gateways that Telus provides will work perfectly fine with 250mbps so you won't need to replace yours.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Telus stopped offering packages under 250mbps a little while back. Any of the gateways that Telus provides will work perfectly fine with 250mbps so you won't need to replace yours.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

BobArthur
Ambassador

Hi Nighthawk - thanks for the quick response. I forgot to mention earlier that even though I was technically on the Internet 75 package I was actually getting the speed and performance of Internet 150. It was explained to me when I signed up with Telus that Internet 150 was the lowest speed that could be had with a fiber optic setup. Anyway - it's nice to know that I don't have to request a new modem for my new upgraded internet package.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

My dad was the same when his last contract ended. He had 75 and got bumped to 250 for less cost. He's didn't need to swap out his modem as I have the same one (T3200) and I'm on gigabit fibre. 🙂