cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amit_Prasad
Just Moved In

Im hoping Telus creates a new channel for the HBO Max. Theyve already signed deals with Amazon Fire Stick support and closing in on Roku.

Crossing my fingers Telus gets a deal done before the release of streaming exclusive's Justice League: Directors Cut.

thank you! 

5 Comments
Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

HBO Max isn't available in Canada at all at this point. Bell has made some of the content from HBO Max available through Crave but it isn't everything.

Amit_Prasad
Just Moved In

I well aware of that. Its rumored the series will release in May of 2021 so they Telus and HBO should be able to hash out a deal by then

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

It's actually Bell and HBO. Bell owns all rights to HBO in Canada and they control the content that is released. That's why a bunch of HBO Max content is appearing on Bell's streaming service Crave. I can't see Bell allowing another streaming service when they can just push users to Crave instead.

Amit_Prasad
Just Moved In

There's no way that they wont allow it to come to Canada. ATT is not going to miss out on this this revenue stream. They will find a way to hash out a deal with Bell. 

Status changed to: Closed
Amyj