cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
starchoice
Ambassador

How about fixing the radio channels? There are now approximately 15 radio stations that cannot be listened to, simply due to static and/or hum. Give a listen to CFOX Vancouver as a good example.

4 Comments
starchoice
Ambassador

Well, it's been almost two years with crappy reception of the radio channels, probably longer but this is when I started my contract for Telus TV. They promised me that it would be fixed but it was never fixed. If you can believe, they were blaming the broadcaster stating that Telus distributes the channels in the way that they are received. If this were the case, why would Telus continue paying for reception of these channels that cannot be listened to, in the first place? I see now there is an announcement on the TV that the radio channels are moving to an app. I suppose that this is their solution. There is no provided date at this time.

starchoice
Ambassador

Hey, @TomSawyer I noticed an old post of yours on the topic of bad quality radio channels but that post has been marked as providing a "solution" and cannot be responded to. Did you ever "fix" the problem you had or did you discover that it was a Telus issue?

Status changed to: Completed
Amyj

The equipment to provide local radio channels is reaching end of life, in turn 16 local radio channels have been experiencing outages.  TELUS Teams have been hard at work to find a workaround for our customers. Stay Tuned! 

starchoice
Ambassador

It appears that the radio stations have been moved to Stingray and that this has been in the works for some time. Still does not explain a two and one half year outage.