cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frustrated123
Just Moved In

I have a phone picked up a SIM card from a dealer. I did not want to wait weeks for a SIM card to ship to me. I need this new line now not in shipped in 5-7 busses days. There is no way to use your own SIM card. If I call to active I will be charged $50 activation!!!!!! Either let me use my own SIM card or stop charging $50 for activation! Best of both worlds do both! People are paying enough for your services. 

2 Comments
Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you have a regular plan, it's easy to use another SIM as long as it's still a Telus SIM. You just have to log in to your account.

https://www.telus.com/en/support/article/swap-your-sim-card

Change or activate a SIM card

If you are changing your existing SIM card, be sure to update your My TELUS profile with your new SIM number.

Update your SIM number in My TELUS

Register or log in to My TELUS and visit the change your SIM card page. If you have multiple subscribers or phone numbers, follow these steps below to bring your number to TELUS:
  1. Go to Plans & Devices in My TELUS
  2. Select the subscriber that will be swapping their SIM card
  3. Select the Device tab
  4. Select Swap your SIM card and follow the steps on that page
Once your My TELUS profile is updated, you can set up your SIM/eSIM card by following the steps below

Set up your SIM card/eSIM

If you already have your new phone and it uses the same SIM card size as your current one, you can simply transfer your SIM into it.

Set up your SIM card
  1. Make sure the device is turned off
  2. Locate the SIM card slot and insert your SIM (refer to the manufacturer’s guide for help)
  3. Turn on your device and complete the automatic activation (connect to Wi-Fi if you do not have a data plan)
  4. Restart your device
Status changed to: Closed
Amyj