cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xray
Hero

Those of us who have fat fingers and often hit the wrong or extra keys on our mobile devices would appreciate the ability to correct our typing mistakes.

3 Comments
Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

I believe Telus took away the ability to edit posts as spammers were leaving clean messages and then coming back later to edit in the spam. Was quite prolific for a time before editing was blocked.

I wonder if there is a way that established users can be allowed to edit their posts within a certain number of minutes of posting them before they can no longer be edited? I'm not sure if that's an available feature of the forum software.

xray
Hero

I agree with taking measures to reduce spamming. 

I've been on sites where users had a short window (5 minutes) after the initial post to edit it. Other sites have a mininum post count before you were allowed to edit messages and post links.

Perhaps having 2 levels of users, verified and unverified would help. Verificatioin is done with a code sent to a Telus email address or Telus phone number. Only verified users can post links and pictures and edit their posts.

Status changed to: Under Review
psl
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

@xray Thanks for submitting the idea. @dru is looking into this, he'll provide an update in this thread once he has more info 🙂