cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group email

Candance
Friendly Neighbour
I am using Bluemail email on my android phone. Lately when I send out a mass email all the messages addressed to telus.net addresses are rejected by the remote server. Any ideas about how to resolve this problem?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BrandonT
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

@Candance 

Hi Candy, If you are able to send an individual email to a TELUS email address, then you are not blacklisted which is great!

When you send your group emails, where do you type the email addresses?  In the TO field, CC field, or BCC field?

TELUS Employee & Neighbourhood Volunteer :black_small_square: Found this post helpful? Let others know by clicking [❤️ Like] or [Accepted Solution].

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

What is the error message you're seeing? Also how many telus.net recipients are there in the list and/or how many telus.net recipients are you sending the message to at once?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Sounds like you may be triggering an anti-spam filter. If you are sending mass emails on a regular basis, you may consider an email marketing tool which will address this issue. One such is MailChimp.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Candance
Friendly Neighbour
This is the message:

550 5.1.0 <[email protected]> sender rejected

I'm sending to about 65 recipients, 5 of which have telus.net addresses which are rejected.

I'm using Bluemail as an email all on my Pixel 2 phone.

Appreciate your response.

Candy

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Are you using the Gmail SMTP server to send mail out through from Bluemail or are you using a different SMTP/outgoing server? 

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Candance
Friendly Neighbour
I'm not very computer literate. I have Microsoft's Live Mail on my computer, it uses IMAP.
Candy

Sent from BlueMail

BrandonT
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @Candance ,

Here are some possible reasons as to why you may experience issues with sending mass emails to TELUS addresses.

Your email address may have been blacklisted as spam

This happens when receivers of your emails report the email as spam, or if it contains a common pattern associated with spam emails. There are other reasons too. Click Here to see if your email is blacklisted anywhere. 

Your email address may have been blocked by the recipient.

The person you sent the email to may have blocked your email for whatever reason. 

You may be hitting your daily limit of emails

Every email provider has their own limits. Windows live mail allows up to 300 emails to be sent per day. Although this is likely not the issue, it could be if the TELUS email addresses are towards the end of the email list.

Troubleshooting

1. Try sending a single email to a single TELUS email address. - If it works, your email is not blacklisted on TELUS.

2. Try the following 3 methods to sending a group email to multiple TELUS email addresses.
    1. Try entering multiple emails in the to field
    2. Try entering one email in the to field, and multiple emails in the CC field
    3. Try entering one email in the to field, and multiple emails in the BCC field.
      Do any of these work?

3. If your group email contains a URL link, try removing it and sending a group email.
    Do you still get an error?

TELUS Employee & Neighbourhood Volunteer :black_small_square: Found this post helpful? Let others know by clicking [❤️ Like] or [Accepted Solution].

Candance
Friendly Neighbour
I got the blacklist report as you suggested, but with my limited knowledge I can't read it. Says something about SORBS. Does this mean my email is blacklisted?
I can send individual emails to my telus.net contacts.
Candy

Sent from BlueMail

BrandonT
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

@Candance 

Hi Candy, If you are able to send an individual email to a TELUS email address, then you are not blacklisted which is great!

When you send your group emails, where do you type the email addresses?  In the TO field, CC field, or BCC field?

Candance
Friendly Neighbour
I always use the Bcc field.

Sent from BlueMail
On Jun. 6, 2020, at 9:11 p.m., TELUS Neighbourhood < [email protected]> wrote:

Hi Candance,

BrandonT (TELUS Employee) mentioned you in a post! Join the conversation below:

Re: Group email

@Candance

When you send your group emails, where do you type the email addresses? In the TO field, CC field, or BCC field?

TELUS Employee & Neighbourhood Volunteer :black_small_square: Found this post helpful? Let others know by clicking [❤️ Like] or [Accepted Solution].

Reply | Accept as Solution | Give Kudos

TELUS Neighbourhood sent this message to [email protected].
You are receiving this email because you were @mentioned and the message matches your subscription to a topic.

To control which emails we send you please go to, manage your subscription & notification settings or unsubscribe.