cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bigger bill than expected?!

AskBedo
Organizer

Hi there!

I just got my first invoice and I am shocked because I was promised $85/mo + taxes as a plan and that included everything from Caller ID, Voicemail, to Unlimited Messaging!

However now that I have received my first invoice there is a line showing the correct amount of $85 but then there is another line right underneath with the same plan's name and everything with an additional amount of $42.50!!! What gives???

Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FutureFriendly
Helpful Neighbour

Hi there AskBedo

The first bill is always a little higher then expected, the reason for this is that Telus bills your plans and services one month in advance. The $42.50 you are actually seeing is just a partial cost of the plan.

For example if your billing cycle runs from the 1st to the 30th of each month and you opened your account on the 15th, there is a 15 day period that will be billed for the portion of the month that it is active for as well as the usual 1 month in advance. You will notice that the fallowing months, unless there are any rate plan changes, that the monthly plan should stay a steady $85.

If you have any further inquiries in regards to your bill, please check out the fallowing link or don't hesitate to contact us at *611, a free call from you Telus mobile phone.

http://businessmobility.telus.com/en/QC/Billing-Support/understanding-your-first-bill.shtml?skipRedi...

Hope this answers your question Robot Happy

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

FutureFriendly
Helpful Neighbour

Hi there AskBedo

The first bill is always a little higher then expected, the reason for this is that Telus bills your plans and services one month in advance. The $42.50 you are actually seeing is just a partial cost of the plan.

For example if your billing cycle runs from the 1st to the 30th of each month and you opened your account on the 15th, there is a 15 day period that will be billed for the portion of the month that it is active for as well as the usual 1 month in advance. You will notice that the fallowing months, unless there are any rate plan changes, that the monthly plan should stay a steady $85.

If you have any further inquiries in regards to your bill, please check out the fallowing link or don't hesitate to contact us at *611, a free call from you Telus mobile phone.

http://businessmobility.telus.com/en/QC/Billing-Support/understanding-your-first-bill.shtml?skipRedi...

Hope this answers your question Robot Happy